Summer 2017 Course: Crisis Prevention and Intervention Training for Master Trainers (Trainers of Trainers)
June 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th and 19th, 2017
Robert Truscello, Instructor
In Pennsylvania, Chapter 14 §14.133(c) mandates that educational staff intervene in situations in which a person poses a threat to him/herself or to another in the school setting, and §14.133(c)(2)(iii) directs that staff involved should receive appropriate training. This 6-day course will provide participants with both the expertise and the skills necessary to train and certify others as instructors in Crisis Prevention and Intervention. A pre-requisite for this training is satisfactory completion of ARIN’s Crisis Trainer Program in the past. MR. Truscello has served as ARIN’s Crisis Prevention and Intervention Instructor since 1992. With his pending retirement, IU28 is offering this one-time program. Included are six modules (one per day) that cover safe, hands-on physical interventions appropriate for crisis situations, intervention and training skill development, and preventative information.
- Instructor: Bob Truscello
- Credit: 42 hours - Act 48 credits (if needed)
- Location: ARIN Rooms A-B
- Dates: June 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th and 19th, 2017
- Time: 8 am - 4 pm
- Cost: $300.00
- Audience: School administrators, teachers, psychologists, counselors, clinicians, nursing staff, and community agency staff.
- Other: Half hour lunch break. Please pack a lunch/snacks. Because of active physical participation throughout this course, participants should be in reasonably good physical condition, should dress comfortably, and should refrain from wearing jewelry.
- Class Size: 25 max (minimum of 10)
For additional information or to register, click here to register.