Parent Child Home Program (PCHP)
The Parent-Child Home Program (PCHP) is an innovative, home-based literacy and parenting program. Published research demonstrates that the Parent-Child Home Program prepares children for later school success.
- If you are a parent of a child who is two, or will be two by December 1, you and your child may be eligible for the Parent-Child Home Program.
- PCHP is a free and voluntary program.
- Children begin the program when they are two years old and continue with the program for two years.
- The goal of the program is to increase a child’s language and school readiness skills through play by using toys and books.
- The program follows the school calendar, beginning in September, and ending in April.
- A home visitor will go into the home twice a week. She will bring free educational toys and books that your child can keep, and she will show you fun ways to help your child learn through play.
- Parents are expected to participate during the visits.
For more information about the program, click on the program brochure link or call 724-463-5300, x1211.