ParentChild+ (formerly Parent-Child Home Program (PCHP))
ParentChild+ (formerly Parent-Child Home Program (PCHP)) is an evidence-based school readiness model that provides young children and their parents with learning tools and skills. Children completing the program are 50% more likely to be prepared for kindergarten than their peers.
- If you are a parent of a child who is two, or will be two by December 1, you and your child may be eligible for ParentChild+.
- ParentChild+ is a free and voluntary program.
- Receive twice-weekly, 30-minute visits to support healthy development and educational success.
- Early Learning Specialists provide families with high quality learning tools and guidance to stimulate parent-child interaction, develop language, early literacy, social-emotional skills, and build school readiness.
- The program begins in September and continues through the school year.
- The Early Learning Specialist will bring free educational toys and books that your child can keep, and she will show you fun ways to help your child learn through play.
For more information about the program, click on the program brochure link or call 724-463-5300, x1211.