Pregnant and Parenting Teen (PPT)/ELECT Program
The PPT ELECT program is designed to assist pregnant and parenting teens in completing their high school education and to ensure the health, growth, and development of their children.
Pregnant and parenting teens (female and male up to the age of 21) who attend school in Armstrong or Indiana counties and neighboring districts. The student must be working toward a high school diploma or working towards completing their GED.
• Provides pre/post-natal education, health education, child development
education, and nutrition education
• Provides ongoing support through home visitation
• Links participants, families with community services/resources
• Assists parents in obtaining childcare and transportation
• Offers career development activities
• Offers workshops on self-esteem, decision-making, career opportunities,
and post-secondary education/training
• Provides individual and small group sessions in schools
For more information about the program, click on the program brochure link or call 724-463-5300, x1211.