Act 13 Educator/Teacher Effectiveness (Evaluation)
Act 13 of 2020, signed into law by Governor Tom Wolf on March 27, 2020, revises the Act 82 Educator Effectiveness process used to evaluate professional employees working for Pre-K to 12 educational entities across Pennsylvania. The revised rating system will take effect for classroom teachers, non-teaching professionals, and principals at the beginning of the 2021-22 school year.
PDE is committed to assisting educational professionals in smoothly transitioning to the Act 13 Educator Effectiveness rating system. Guidance and resources are available below.
- An Introduction to Act 13 of 2020 and Impact on Educator Effectiveness (PDF)
- Act 13 Train the Trainer Website
- Educator Effectiveness Templates
- Sample Completed Student Performance Measure: LEA Selected Measures Template from a Teacher
- Sample Completed IEP Goals Progress from a Teacher (within Teacher Specific Data)
Induction Plan Requirement Question: "Act 13 needs to be added to your induction plan this year. It is the LEA’s decision if you need Board Approval now or if you can wait for Board Approval until your Comprehensive Plan (which includes the Induction Plan) is due."